What is corruption
Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. It can be classified as grand, petty and political, depending on the amounts of money lost and the sector where it occurs.
Why report corruption?
Corrupt activity left unchecked can:
- Lead to funding being diverted away from public services that support you and your family
- Waste public money and resources
- Undermine people’s trust and respect in government
- Support ongoing criminal activity
- Damage reputations of individuals, colleagues, organisations and the whole public sector.
- Expose corrupt activities and risks that may otherwise remain hidden.
- Provide assurances that dishonest practices are disrupted and stopped.
- Ensure that public sector employees act in the public interest.
- Identify corruption trends, issues and potential risks.
Corruption hurts everyone.
Help prevent corruption
Reporting corrupt activity helps Government of Uganda: